12 May 2022
5TH LUXEMBOURG MICROBIOLOGY DAY
Luxembourg Institute of Science and Techonology (LIST) - 41, rue du Brill, L-4422 Belvaux
Welcome coffee for participants
Opening speech by LSfM’s President, Prof. Paul WILMES
Keynote presentation by Prof. Dag HARMSEN, Universitätsklinikum Münster, Germany, “The Holy Grail of Microbial Genomic Surveillance: Automated Transmission Detection of Plasmids and MGEs with AMRs”
3 selected presentations by PhD students in microbiology
• Perrine Florent, LIST: Characterisation of known DNA-bacteriophage populations in soils of forest and grasslands in Luxembourg
• Bianca Brandus, LIH: Development of immunotherapeutic complexes that elicit complement activation towards multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa
• Eleftheria Charalambous, LIH: Early like adversity imprints the oral microbiome and metabolome, mediating the long-term immunophenotype
6th ordinary General Assembly of the LSfM
Lunch break & Poster session
Keynote presentation by Prof. Christine MOISSL-EICHINGER, Medizinische Universität Graz, Austria, “The Human Archaeome”
5 selected presentations by post-doc fellows in microbiology
• Velma Aho, LCSB: Multi-omics of Gut Microbes in Parkinson’s Disease Suggest a Role for Archaea
• Susheel Busi, LCSB: (Anti-)microbial warfare in glacier-fed streams
• Laura de Nies, LCSB: Antimicrobial resistance in a One Health Context
• Eveline Santos da Silva, LIH: Development and Validation of neutralization assays to predict protection against the main SARS-CoV-2 variants
• Francesco Delogu, LCSB: Forecasting of a complex microbial community using metaomics
Coffee break & Poster session
Presentation by Dr Joanna BOREK-DONTEN (Molecular Plasma Group, Luxembourg) and Dr Henry-Michel CAUCHIE (LIST, Luxembourg), “Industrial process for virucidal plasma coatings on textiles: from idea to upscaling”
Keynote presentation by Dr Joël MOSSONG, Health Directorate Luxembourg, “Covid-19 in Luxembourg: insights from epidemiological surveillance in schools and nursing homes”
Award ceremony for the best oral communications (2 prizes of 250€ each) and conference achievement awards (250€ each)
Closing of the 5th Luxembourg Microbiology Day
guidelines for attending the 5th lmd
Please register for the 5th LMD event by May 3rd 2022 by filling in the form above.
Registration fee is FREE for all 2022 LSfM members.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR NON-MEMBERS:
If you are not a member yet and have never registered with the LSfM before, we invite you to complete the LSfM MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION FORM using this link: http://microbiology.lu/plans/register
LSfM membership types are:
Professional Memberships - 30€ per year
Student Memberships - 15€ per year
New membership registration is complete once the participant has registered on our website and the membership fee has been paid: LSfM asbl bank account: LU31 0019 4855 1745 9000 (BCEELULL)
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PREVIOUS MEMBERS:
If you have already registered as a member in the past, we hope you will continue to support the Luxembourg Society for Microbiology with your valuable presence and commitment. We would like to invite you to renew your membership for the year 2022.
Professional Memberships: 30€ per year
Student Memberships: 15€ per year
To renew your membership: LSfM asbl bank account: LU31 0019 4855 1745 9000 (BCEELULL)
benefits of 2022 lsfm membership
2022 LSfM members will get FREE full day access to the 5th LMD event (access to all presentations + lunch + cocktail drinks), LSfM member welcome pack with goodies, discounts for submitting and publishing scientific articles in the different FEMS journals.
guidelines for abstract submission
The deadline for abstract submission for student and post-doc oral presentations is April 27th 2022.
Abstracts must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, by using the form here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0q2ww1iehj1f1rah2p302/LMD2022_AbstractSubmissionForm_VF.doc?dl=0&rlkey=dp0t5tn8p90h77v503kcpmpcd
A selection committee will communicate the accepted oral presentations by May 2nd 2022.